Saturday, June 20, 2009

My First Post

Grandpa Phil with twin Luke

First, I want to thank Kathy Stephenson for setting up my genealogy blog.

By way of introduction, my name is Phillip Roy Stephenson, son of William Roy Stephenson, son of William Thomas Stephenson, son of George Adams Stephenson, son of William Calvin Stephenson, who is probably son of Robert Stephenson, son of Edward Stephenson, son of Robert Stephenson, who is probably son of Robert Edward Stephenson, who is son of Unknown.

As for the subject of my blog, I have discovered that genealogy is an unusual but fascinating discipline, because genealogy lifts the lives of our many ancestors out of obscurity.

Also, genealogy is beginning to benefit from the discipline of genetics and the sequencing of chromosome DNA and the human genome to discover the biological basis of human families.

1 comments:

The Southern Mint Julep

Hi Dad - First of all Happy Father's Day!

I love your first post. Very nicely worded and written. Don't forget to post each day if you get a chance. I am seeing more people finding you on the Neocounter.

Do you like your new background I found?

Blogger template 'CoolingFall' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Visit InfoServe for blogger backgrounds.